Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Can a wife open mail addressed to only her husband in Michigan?

This is where is gets complicated, the couple is in the middle of a divorce, not yet finalized and the husband refuses to change his mailing address. Since the divorce is still not final is this considered "community property" since it was received at the marital address? My ex husband is in serious arrears for child support and I am expecting a letter from an attorneys office in regards to the foreclosure of our marital home, I opened this thinking it was a doent I needed to sign for the mortgage company, but it is in relation to a settlement for wrongful death of his grandfather, on which both he and our children are named as heirs. I would like to give my attorney/friend of the court this information, but am hoping since he won't change his address I will not be facing any charges for my error...any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment